Sunday, May 16, 2010

a little piece of heaven

Some young friends had a baby last night,
Olivia.
After church
I rushed home
and instead of making lunch,
I made a tiny tutu and a flower headband.
We had PB & J for lunch.
Tyler and I headed to St. Edwards
after getting the girls down for their naps.
Olivia is on oxygen
so I wasn't sure we'd get to see her;
I was hoping for a peek through the glass.
As we were walking to their room,
her parents were heading down the hall to go see her.
Her daddy let me take his spot in the NICU!
(can you hear me squealing??)
I helped change her diaper
and then
I got to pick her up from the bed
and pass her to her momma.
I must confess
I passed her awfully slowly....
I couldn't help it.
I held her fresh-from-the-womb cheek against mine
and breathed her in.
perfection
~
thank you, Lord
for allowing me to be at the right place at just the right time!

2 comments:

  1. This really made me smile when I read "fresh-from-the-womb cheek"... I love holding those sweet gifts from God, feeling their soft sweet skin, just holding them and breathing in -so fresh from God and just downright amazing!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)