Friday, May 7, 2010

m-day gifts

I always tell the kids
I don't want them to get me anything
for Mother's Day.
And it's true;
I really don't want them spending any money on me
but
they like to anyways.
Often Tyler has a Papa Shop
they can purchase from
for a very sick price.
It seems the Papa Shop isn't very well stocked this year.
So
just in case
anybody really wants to buy me something
here's what I've been eyeballin':

From Yeagers:
8" forever and ever hydrangea
if it's forever & ever - surely I won't kill it ~ right?

a new porch swing
Yeager's has one for $44, probably isn't super comfy
but it'd work.
Our swing broke the day after
Gramma & Grampa were here for a visit.
Gramma Joyce and I had spent a good bit of time
visiting on that there swing;
I am so glad it didn't break when she was on it!!

Harbor Freight finally put their letter stamping sets on sale
I've been watching for for that for about a year!

Just so it's not weird that what I want
comes from the hardware store,
I've also been whining for a tortilla keeper
ever since we left a tortilla in ours right before Lana's wedding
and found it a few weeks later.
Remember
we make our own tortillas
out of freshly ground flour.
with no preservatives.
The tortilla keeper was half full of nasty green fur.
I was so disgusted
I threw the whole thing away!
Had I known Walmart no longer sold them for $5
I would have bleached the darn thing.
Right after somebody snatched it up
we saw one at a yard sale a few weeks ago for a buck.
She didn't have a clue what it was for!
I should've offered her $5 for it

I also want a french curve someday

and then
there are always books....


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and lifting my spirit! I'm so trying to get used to the new "do" and figure out what to do with it!

    I love your simple list... I actually used to have a french curve and it was broken during one of our floods. I may have something else that might be of interest to you...

    I've been eyeing The Pioneer Woman Cookbook myself, but would love to have a Alton Brown Cookbook as well.

    You looked beautiful yesterday and the girls' dresses were so cute! You're so very creative! I so much admire that in you and you are a blessing to me! I hope you had an enjoyable Mother's Day filled with lots of love and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you aren't too disappointed in me when you find that I BOUGHT yesterday's outfits :-) love GKS!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)