Wednesday, June 8, 2011

for women only

Consider yourself warned, Boys....

~

A little over a year ago,
there was flu bug running rampant in our house
and in an effort to keep from getting it,
I loaded up on garlic pills and probiotics.
I happened to be having my period at the time
(I told you ~ this is a ladies only post....)
and was shocked to discover that my flow was considerably
lighter than my usual soak-a-super-tampon-and-a-pad in a hour.
I had very little cramping and back pain to boot!
Interesting!!
So the next month when Aunt Flo came to visit,
I repeated my garlic / probiotic therapy. 
I wasn't sure which of the two supplements
 was responsible for my tolerable period of the previous month
and having 'known freedom'
I wasn't willing to go back.
Then 
one month
I ran out of probiotics,
but I faithfully took 1 or 2 garlic pills every time I changed
(I'm almost blushing, ya'll)
and you know what?
Same results!
All along, it had been the garlic alone
that was responsible for the reduced pain and decreased flow.
I mentioned it to my doctor recently
and he was like,
 "Oh yeah, of course garlic slows your bleeding
because blah.blah,blah...."

I can't tell you why it works;
I can only tell you that
extra garlic
during that time


5 comments:

  1. Since there's only women reading this...
    Post miscarriage cycles are so terrible! Thanks for the info. Now to find a garlic pill that doesn't have a milk product in it. Or maybe I should just use some essential oils. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about these? They're my other fav brand http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Garlicin-180-Tablets

    I don't know about the essential oil.. it'd would be worth a shot - but I tell ya, I'm pretty sold on garlic in pill form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny part about this is that when a person takes a bunch of garlic we take note because according to our pharm book it ups bleeding. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right, i've read that too, Bekah. it's not supposed to be safe, in large amounts (very large, i think), for pregnant women b/c of something to do with that.
    interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, thanks for the tip--ibuprofin just don't cut it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)