Saturday, June 4, 2011

welcome home


I've been faithfully checking Craigslist
every couple of days.
My search is the same each time:
chair
bookshelves / book case
paint sprayer
Sometimes
I change the order up to keep it interesting.

Yesterday, I found this baby

image 0

It looked rather ghastly,
but the shape was just exactly what I was looking for.
And craigslist photos are usually less than amazing...
"You going to reupholster it?" Tyler asked.
"Something like that."
"You going to paint it?!" 
"Um. Yeah I was thinking I might..."
My poor husband.
He wasn't overly enthusiastic,
but Tyler lovingly went to look at the chair anyways.
At 10 bucks, I figured it was worth the risk.
~
Welcome home, sweet thing!






Tyler and Tony are hoping I do something with the color,
but I'm not so sure I will;
I'll have to see how it looks as the room comes together
but
I kinda love the chair just like it is.


sneaky peeky :-)

3 comments:

  1. *gasp* i love it!!! the shape is great! .... the color is very trendy a few generations ago. gotta say i'm with Dad on this one. i think it needs something lighter. not in color but in feel. emotional feel i mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we used to have a rocker/recliner that matched this. I was just sure you were going to recover this with your nifty skills that ooze from your fingers! I like the drawer pull! Need to come for a visit to see all your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! ten bucks? you are the woman !!! it looks very comfy, and the color, it really is not that bad! gold, its an earthy tone, right?

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)