Friday, March 30, 2018

creamy jalapeno bacon biscuit bombs



I tried these Sunday evening for our snacky dinner 
and they were a big hit
so I figured I'd type up how I made them,
so I can make them again,
and you can make 'em, too,
if you're so inclined.

I'll try them at some point 
with my favorite low carb bun recipe
 and share the verdict,
but right now,
life is calling for canned biscuits.

I'm not thrilled with that,
but I am well acquainted with my limits,
and let me tell you,
I'm pushing them.

Canned biscuits it is.

And that's okay.


Mix together
8 oz softened cream cheese
about 1/3 - 1/2 cup bacon bits
about 1/4 - 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 small-med or 1 large jalapeno, diced small

After it's all mixed,
sorta smooth out the cream mixture
and cut it into eighths.

Pop open your favorite brand of flaky biscuits,
the kind with 8 large biscuits per can.

Smash a biscuit between the palm of one hand
and heel of the other
until your biscuit is about 4-5 inches across

spread 1/8 of your cream cheesy goodness
in the center of your biscuit pancake
and fold the biscuit up around the cream cheese,
pinching it to form a seal
and place on baking sheet
(lined with parchment if you've got some)

Repeat 7 times

Bake in a 350 degree oven about 15 minutes
then sprinkle with grated cheddar
and bake another 10-15 or so minutes more,
'til the biscuits and cheese are golden.

Cool 10 minutes or so before eating
(Honestly, I have no clue if you need to do this.
That's about how long they sat 
while I finished up the rest of the food
and they were scrumptious.
They might be equally delicious piping hot...
I dunno...)

If you happen to have any leftover,
warm it/them up under the broiler
(but not too close)
for about 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)