Monday, April 12, 2010

in the garden

Everybody has been talking about their gardens lately.
And us?
I've tried not to even think about ours.
I knew I'd just get overwhelmed.

I have no seeds started.
Shoot
I haven't even opened a seed catalog this year.
~
We headed out Saturday evening
to put in a few hours.
And you know what?
All that work we did last year
hauling poop
and sand
and
mulching with shredded paper
left us with very few weeds to pull
and
some mighty fine dirt.
~
pretty soon
I'll figure out what to put where
- if we can still manage to buy plants somewhere -
that is

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! What a pay off!

    Ok. We started our seeds 6 weeks ago. BUT it's still below freezing some nights! When will it ever warm up??

    Nathan turned our balcony into a green house because the plants are again taking over the kitchen. It gets nice and toasty out there --when the sun shines.

    Sounds like Etienne is crawling out on said balcony. Need to run!
    Kaylana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you gotta teach me how to do that tooo!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)