Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a little trip down memory lane

We were taking our walk this evening
and I heard Lexi shout, "Mine!"
and it reminded me...
~
Back in the days of 3 children
public school
and a regularly relatively clean house
I would walk the half a block or so to my friend's house
most mornings after I'd dropped TJ & Lana off at school.
We'd have coffee and visit for about an hour
while our little ones played.
Jennifer did some babysitting
and one of the little girls she kept
would walk around saying "mine, mine" all the time.
We talked about how odd it was.
She was an only child
so it didn't make much sense
that one of the only words in her vocabulary was "mine".
While discussing this peculiarity
little Ashley toddled over to me and tried to grab my coffee
and I said,
"You can't have this Sweet Baby, it's mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)