Tuesday, July 13, 2010

pool boys

We have been having problems with our pool for weeks.
First
I was suspicious about our test strips;
the readings didn't seem accurate to me.
I was putting chemicals in
but they weren't showing up when I tested.
the water looked fine
but the test strips told me things were way off.
So I bought a new box
even though I still had 42 left in the old one.
The results from those weren't impressive either.
Things went downhill from there.
Once upon a time
I would've trusted my instincts
but here lately
my brain has been soo foggy
that it's easy to assume I was somehow mistaken.
So I would re-calculate
switch filters
add more chemicals
yada yada yada
but the pool started looking really cloudy.
Long story short
my new test strips were faulty;
I wasn't mistaken in my calculations.
I'd ended up adding about 4x the chemicals that I should have.
And pool chemicals aren't cheap.
I tried draining off part of the water and adding fresh
to try to balance things out.
Better
but still not quite right
so I messed some more
but I never could get the pool looking real sparkly again.
Then vacation
and lots of rain
and by Sunday
the thing was green.
I figured it'd cost less money to drain the whole darn thing
and start from scratch
than it would to correct with still more chemicals.
plus
there was all that green..... ugh!
So
yesterday we drained the pool
again.
Completely
this time.
Brandon & Jeremiah
spent about 1 1/2 hours out there scrubbing it this morning
so we could have a fresh start.
I was so proud of how they stuck with a hard job;
I didn't have to get after them 1 time to get back to work!
Shoot
I hadn't even really gotten them started on it;
I just told them to get a few rags
a scrub brush and a bottle of fabulouso...
Jeremiah told me later that he was tired
and he wanted to come inside
but then he remembered that we always tell him,
"L...'s never quit!"
so he figured he had to just keep working till the job was done.

~
thanks, Pool Boys!

I think this time
I'll go with my gut

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, that has happened to us more than once. I even went to a pool place with a sample of our pool water only to be told to put an enormous amount of stuff in that would be guaranteed to clear it up within hours..ya..next time..we dump and refill..it's a lot cheaper.
    Darinda

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)