Thursday, July 15, 2010

there was nothing romantic about grandma's drawers

strung out on a line.
~
I read that awhile back.

Guess who's drawers are strung on a line between two poles??
Yep
that's right
our dryer is on the fritz now.
That brings it, among a myriad of other small things, to
minus 1 vehicle, my beloved caravan
$180 in towing (three, yes, three, tows)
over $1,000 in auto repairs
1 computer on the blink
leaving me using this blasted laptop
with no mouse.
I happen to like mice - of the computer sort.
An almost burned down house
complete with a now-mostly-repaired ceiling hole.
I'm sure I'm forgetting things.....

I told a friend yesterday
that if it weren't so darned inconvenient
and expensive
it'd be laughable.
There is a bad-a__ part of me
(admittedly small)
that wants to shake my fist at the devil
and shout, "That all you got?!"
But the (bigger) barely-hanging-on part of me
is far too chicken for that.
~
The good news is
if Satan is so worried about this upcoming mission trip to Belize
then God must be planning some amazing things
for my guys
right?!
SO
I will hang my big ole drawers (and everything else) on the line
and stay home
stranded
when Tony works
and continue to fork over the dough
to keep our two remaining vehicles running
typing up my posts
and attempting to edit pictures on this stupid computer
praying all the while
for strength
compassion
and the people of Belize

~
Pray with me, won't you?
My family is not the only one
- of those going on this mission trip -
under attack.
And while these are all just minor inconveniences
in the grand scheme of things
One on top of another
they do tend to wear one down.
thanks!!

2 comments:

  1. You got our prayers backing you, sister!!

    What are the dates for the trip?

    Love you lots!

    Ps. I hang my drawers outside sometimes. I try to hide them from sight from the sight-seeing golf-cart that stops regularly for people to take pictures of our house. How would you like that?? Haha!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)