Wednesday, July 28, 2010

passionflower



Have you ever seen such a unique flower?


Tyler took me to Mt Magazine four years ago
for our 19th anniversary.

My pregnancy with Lily was confirmed
on the winding drive up the mountain.
Actually, I'd already taken the pregnancy test
but if I hadn't
that drive would've been proof positive.

Speaking of drives & confirming pregnancy
that really is one of the ways we knew Lex' was coming;
1 week after Lana's wedding
we drove to Luke's parents home in Branch
to watch Luke and Lana open wedding gifts
and I was sick as a dog.
Never did take a test.
anyways....


Although considerably more gorgeous than my pictures
there
on the wall in the Lodge
was a huge picture
of the flowering weed we have all over our property!
Passionflower.
Who knew?

just beautiful
and good for ya, too!


3 comments:

  1. Last time I saw one of these was at Queen Willamina State Park about 6 years ago. I have a picture with a bumble bee on mine. Beautifully strange flower.... I wonder if I could get a start off of yours? I'm really starting to wonder about some things... Think I'll call you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhhhh...it is beautiful! I love it, does it smell good too? I might like some of those "weeds" myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think something that looked like this would have an exotic fragrance, huh? but nope, not much scent at all.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)