Friday, March 21, 2014

the fitness project ~ an update


Well.
Here we are.
Another 4 weeks have zoomed by,
so it's time for my fitness update.

30 weeks. That's how long I've been at this.
It's been a long, hard road. 
(here are all of my previous progress reports:  November  December  January  February)


Supplements.
Still taking them.
I haven't really noticed any improvement,
except that my hair is softer, and not falling out anymore, so that's something.
I still don't have much energy, don't feel 'empowered' after working out (but I do feel like I could take a nap)
and have to force myself to exercise.
Still have a foggy mind
and don't feel 'like myself'.
She did tell me it could take awhile....

I feel mildly yuck for several hours after taking them,
which is no fun,
but the past 2 days, I have taken a spoonful of chia seeds when I start guzzling all my capsules
(with either oolong tea or warm lemon water. or both...)
and I didn't feel nearly as bad.
I don't really know why it would help;
I'm just tired of feeling so tired, and thought - hey. chia seeds might help - so I tried some.
And I didn't feel quite so exhausted,
 and bonus, I didn't feel as yucky in my tummy.



a series of texts from 2 weeks ago

Exercise.
I missed a day.
We'd had a super busy week with lots of out-of-the-house obligations.
That Saturday, we were home, though.
Well, mostly.
The boys had TKD, 
and I'd planned on exercising when Tyler went to pick them up.
Except, I forgot about my plan 
and decided to surprise everyone with a nice lunch (cheeseburger pie, burnt broccoli, and salad).
Then, I just didn't want to exercise, 
and never could talk myself in to it...
But I figured, I could just exercise on Sunday, instead, and I'd be fine.
Only,
 Sunday ended up being kinda busy, too,
and when I hadn't worked out by bedtime, I just said,"screw it."
I have exercised 67 days this year. I'm not going to beat myself up for missing 1.

I was a little bummed when I took my measurements.
I had slight (1/8" - 3/8") losses in several areas, my most notable loss was 1/2 inch in my waist - yay!
But I also had several small increases, too.
What the heck?!
When I added up the losses, and subtracted the gains, I was left with a net loss of 1/4 inch.
From my entire body.
grrrr.

I do, however, have something good to report.
The scale showed big losses this month.
Big
for me, mind you. 
3.8 lbs!!

was it my additional supplements? my prescription change for my cream? increasing my oolong tea to 6 c a day? mixing up my exercise more? adding in some kettlebells? increasing my coconut oil consumption? ACV in my smoothies? sleeping more? my daily lemon water?
my little cheats??
Who knows.

I'm just going to keep plugging away 
like I've been for the past 7 months (!)
and maybe I'll feel 'normal' soon.
and maybe I'll even be all buff and skinny someday...

Oh.
One other little bit of news.
(You know the movie Home Alone? That scene where Kevin decides he's not afraid,
and hollers, "I'm not afraid anymore!"
You have to read the next sentence like that.)

I'm not obese anymore.

I'm no longer considered obese by BMI charts - I am merely 'overweight'
Ya'll. 
I cried.
Sat on my bed and bawled like a baby.
I have been labeled 'obese' for the past 10 years. (maybe even longer - I just can't remember...)

I
am not
obese.
any. 
more.

To celebrate, I ordered a kettlebell workout DVD set :-)


3 comments:

  1. WELL, I just cried like a baby. I'm so proud of you!!!<3 Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... thank-you Baby Girl!! I love and miss you, too. so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your looking fabulous sister!! keep plugging away!! after all, 20 years of having babies, 30 weeks is nothing!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)