Monday, February 25, 2008

just another monday

didn't plan any major errands today
since I wasn't sure what Lily would be able to handle.
I had some returns at Hobby Lobby
and they had some goodies on sale
so we looked around a bit.
Brandon and I had fun coming up with things
we could use for the reception.
He picked out a lantern he liked.
I said, "Naw, wrong color - the frame is bronzey
we need silver, black or green"
He replies, "when I look at something, I don't see the color
I look at the style - cause you can spraypaint anything"
Is he my son or what?!
(I just can't stand to buy something new, not on clearance,
knowing it needs painting...)
~
we got excited
cause we came up with some great ideas!
then I worked on the budget for awhile
and reality set back in
~sigh~
~
we got a treat on the way home
scrumptious!
~
LilyPie and Daddy had some good play time this evening

he said she was working on her 'people skills'

you funny, Papa

While Papa & Lily were playing
these guys were busy excavating some dinosaur bones

~
today was one of those days
when being a mom
took my breath away.
It just happens sometimes
out of the blue.
all of my kids have done it
- taken my breath away -
on more than one occasion.
maybe an exceptional kindness, or generosity
or a hug - just when it's needed
sometimes
it's just them being them
~
Lily was playing on my bed while I was sorting fabric.
My side of the closet had become a mound of
fleece
PUL
and leather goods - in varying stages of disassembly
so I bought some storage tubs so I could sort and contain the mess.
I sorted and folded
and Lily sat there and played
and
looked beautiful
and she took my breath away!
how, out of all the women in the world,
did I get chosen to be her mom?
I can't fathom!
but I am blessed!
and I never did finish that pile....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)