Thursday, February 7, 2008

save the date

After a series of unfortunate events
revisions
a big bad blunder (by me)
and a few tearful hours (me, again) & conversations with the Papa
we’ve come to a decision
~
It’s just too late to finish and send out
the save-the-date cards
we finally perfected
~
We were already pushing it.
They should have been sent out before we ever even took the picture
2 weeks ago
but we figured we could pull it together quickly enough
(and they were so clever)
that it’d still be okay.
~
What we thought would take hours,
took days.
Then at the last minute
(of already late)
we changed our minds
because we’d finally found ‘perfect’.
Everyone agreed.
We really weren’t slowing down the process at this point,
since we were going to have to wait on the envelopes anyways….
~
So - we’ve been waiting for a week for this specialized cardstock
to print the pictures on
(it may not sound like it, but they really looked stunning!)

~
When the order came today - I found paper, not cardstock!
Somehow, I had ordered the wrong stuff!!
There is no time to re-order....

~
Since you've been waiting patiently
I'd figured I'd go ahead and share
what would have been
the sweetest
most lovingly created
save-the-date cards
of 2008



I'm sorry I messed up, Luke & Lana!


Good thing your marriage doesn't depend on me!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it IS such a nice card!!! Did yall think of that yourselves or copy the idea? I think that's so neat!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)