Thursday, February 7, 2008

what is it with little boys and baby powder?

"Stop putting salt in the water pitcher!"
I said this a few minutes after we'd wound up
- for the second time -
the 15 yards of curly ribbon
that was snaking through the house.
Which was not long after
I found this in the bathroom
There are similar, though smaller, powder piles
in all three bedrooms;
the boys didn't look much better,
but I couldn't take a picture of them
lest they mistake it as approval.....
~
This is actually a mess similar to
- but not nearly so big -
as a mess TJ made when he was about 3.
He had snuck our economy-sized baby powder
into his bedroom
and completely covered himself
his sister
his shoes
their beds...
you get the point.
this happened
not long after he'd poured our 3 month supply of shampoo
in the toilet...
We were livid at the time; we've laughed about since.
~
I'm not sure if we've
mellowed, matured, or turned into wimps
but the boys didn't even get spanked.
I just made them watch me clean up the mess
(not nearly as much fun as 'helping' clean up)
and talked about how much extra work
they make for the family when they make such messes.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Momma."
~
oh - kids,
you might want to rinse out the pitcher
before getting a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)