Monday, June 18, 2012

just how I imagined


We'd always planned on our grown kids coming back home
on Sunday afternoons.
It just seemed right.
As they had kids, and their kids grew,
it would just be 'how it was' ~ you go to Mimi and Pop's house on Sundays.

It hasn't really worked out that way
(what that we do does work out like we'd planned? ;-)
and we didn't have all of our kids home yesterday
but TJ came down 
and Tony and Kacy were here 
and of course, the rest of the crew....
They played games
while I cooked.
Watching them 
and listening to all their racket,
I smiled.
It was (almost) just like I'd always imagined our Sunday afternoons/evenings would be.


2 comments:

  1. I totally understand
    the momma hen loves to have her chicks home!! and all her grand chicks!(and great grands)
    love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I am glad you had a wonderful like you imagined day!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)