Friday, June 26, 2015

table topper top


I finished the top :-)


I'm feeling like 
the large ovals are overpowering the stars.
(I'm guessing it's because it's such a small piece,
because I don't feel that at all when I see Sylvia's.
Or maybe it's the bold stripes.
Which, incidentally was the fabric that sent us to the fabric store last week)

I'm going to think on it a bit,
but I'm leaning towards trimming the ovals to a straight edge on the long sides,
but leaving the roundiness on the short ends.




p.s. turns out,
curves aren't anything to be scared of.


3 comments:

  1. maybe you would like the stripes better if they were all horizontal. i think it would resemble the american flag, i use the word resemble loosely here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that the ovals are overpowering the stars. In your inspiration quilt, the ovals are dark and are a starker contrast, which might give you the feeling that the stars pop more. Since your stars and ovals are both red it blends rather than contrasts. I actually like the curved edges and think that it might take away from your piece if you cut them straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's just great! I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)