Friday, June 16, 2017

flowering snowball, a finished (squishy!) quilt




I never shared my finished flowering snowball quilt!!


This was made simply for the pleasure of it.


I dreamed about this quilt for over 2 years,
and made it in just a little over 2 months.


I loved making the blocks.


(well - maybe I didn't love all of the seam ripping... ;-) 


I loved sewing them together.


And carefully pattern matching 
when I sewed up the scrumptious voile back.
(I used the same fabric that I used on Hadley's quilt 💗)


(okay. Maybe I only liked that part.
But I loved that Lily helped me...)


I really loved hand-quilting it.


and machine quilting it was an absolute breeze,


once I decided to simply (free motion) quilt
 a small circle where the blocks meet.


And of course, 
I loved adding the binding,


In short - I just really really love this quilt.


(a lot)


And I'll quite possibly make another FSQ someday. 
😊

5 comments:

  1. I know I always say this, but THIS is one of my favorites! Next to mine of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautifully done - all that dreaming about it paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I could love that quilt also. I really want to pet it and squish it and....well, you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is just beautiful, colourful, scrappy and hand quilted = perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)