Tuesday, July 19, 2011

lex's dress



ooh - she looks like a baby doll ~ I could just squeeze her
This is my favorite dress on Lexi right now.
I found it at a yard sale for 25 cents.
There was a hole on the side of the bodice 
where a tie had been
and on the other side, the tie was cut off,
but not neatly.


It was in kinda rough shape,
but it was so soft and lightweight
and feminine
and cool.
And I knew that the colors, 
while not exactly Lexi colors,
would look great on her.

 I washed it, 
picked the seam apart and took the tie out proper-like,
re-stitched both side seams,
and excitedly put the dress on my girl.


It choked her. 
Even with the top button undone.
And I knew 
she was never going to wear this dress.


 darn.
I really liked that dress!


 So I cut the neck opening bigger
and used a bit of fold over elastic
(love that stuff! good thing; I've got a ton!)


 and now I try to talk her into wearing it suggest she wear it
every time it's clean.
Fortunately,
she does like wearing it now.
But not nearly as much as I like seeing her in it.


Momma loves you, Darling Lex!!
~
many thanks to Brandon for the pictures!!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!
    Good job on the photos, Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, brandon did these? these are great! he's getting so good!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)