Friday, July 29, 2011

7 quick takes ~ unplugged


1.
The kids are doing much better;
whining, crying, and bickering have definitely decreased.

2.
creativity has returned

3.
to the kids.
To mom? 
How would we know?
I cheerfully grudgingly set my ambitions aside
to help kids with their pursuits.

4.
Leap Pads
fall under the category of electronic entertainment,
even if they were purchased for educational purposes.

5.
I think being unplugged was harder on me
than on the kids.
First off, it's just plain easier to say 
'go watch a movie'
than, "sure, you can paint." 
Secondly, I felt really disconnected.
Which,  I was...

6.
Actually, I cheated.
Kelle posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
I know this.
So I knew
there were two posts waiting for me yesterday.
And I read them.
I had to; 
Nella is going to stand - alone -
and maybe even walk any day now
and I couldn't stand not knowing...
(she's not doing either yet)

7.
I'm not sure what I was thinking,
but I had aspirations of accomplishing all sorts of things
while unplugged,
but the truth is
I didn't really find I had extra time at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)