Friday, July 1, 2011

7 quick takes ~ early summer


I know it's time to post 
when Tyler asks if I've posted yet
when he knows full well
I have not.

1. 
This has been kind of a rough week for me
and I'm not quite sure why.
But I have discovered that when I'm not doing well,
it's really better if I keep my trap shut.

2.
Fireworks.
It's that time again.
I wanted to just send Tyler with the kids
(see #1) but he pretty much made me go along, too.
I'm glad.
I do enjoy the whole process!
Even if he wouldn't drive us all over creation 
to save two cents per item this year.

3.
I realized today that I haven't yet procured childcare
for a wedding Saturday evening.
(Lana?? I'll msg ya)

4.
There will be dancing at the wedding
but with my blasted back
and Tyler's bum foot
(he hurt it when we went to the river
and is hobbling worse now, than he was a week ago.)
I don't know that we'll get to do much dancing.
boo.

5.
Tyler took me dumpster diving last night.
He sure knows how to show a girl a good time!
Seriously - it was fun.
The boys were pretty excited about our loot.

6.
Tyler was reading to us from Philippians a few nights ago
and asked the kids, 
"What are some things we have confidence in?" 
and we talked a bit about that....
then he asked,
"What's something we don't have confidence in?"
Jeremiah thought a minute
and replied, "Our toilet."
Yeah, I bet that's one all the kids are saying...

7.
Tony took the boys to see Cars tonight;
it's only the second time Jeremiah and Josiah 
have been to the theater.
They went to Goody's afterwards
(which is apparently totally awesome, as was the movie)
and everyone got whatever they wanted.
Pretty good 'brother time', I think!
~
Well, that ought to keep me out of trouble
with Tyler and Uncle Guy
for a few days at least... ;-)
For more quick takes, visit new mama Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)