Monday, August 1, 2011

the latest in the running saga


This is becoming embarrassing...
So.
In an effort to keep my children
- and myself -
from dying
I ordered a walk / jog video
so we could train in the coolness
of our 85 degree living room.
I didn't think it'd be super training for a 5k,
but it'd help us get through this heatwave...
I don't know what happened,
but as soon as I started the video,
the back of my right heel 
- where the achilles tendon attaches to the heel -
started hurting
and by the time I was done with the DVD
I couldn't walk.
I've been hobbling & hopping 
and swollen
ever since.

For the past 3 days,
at the encouragement of my brother-in-law,
(a runner)
I've been subjecting myself to the excruciating torture
of soaking my foot in ice-water
multiple times a day.

I think it's helping.
I sure hope it's helping...

I'm not ready to admit defeat in this running venture yet,
but golly, 
I'm off to a lousy start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)