Friday, August 5, 2011

happy trails


The morning started with chocolate covered strawberries.
Truth be told,
I prefer my strawberries and my chocolate separate;
but every year
I eat one
just to make sure I still feel the same.

From chocolate strawberries,
I progressed on to 
a scrumptious Frozen Vanilla Latte
(I think that's what he called it)
made by Ton'
with cold-brewed coffee.

(is the whole weekend going to be about food??)

After a quick visit to the library
where I picked up
I headed to lunch w/ Tyler
(it may just be all about food....)
I wasn't very hungry,
so I just had Hot & Sour Soup.
Nobody makes it like TaiPei,
although, someday, I'm going to ask for the recipe.
And then
I
will make it like Tai Pei.


After lunch,
my weekend away began
with my first ever
professional 
massage.
I was greeted by the above sign
when I slipped behind the screen
to strip.

The massage was really nice,
but I didn't feel like jelly when I was done.
She had to keep telling me to let her do the work.
That may have something to do with the jellylessness.
That and I kept asking questions.
Can't shut off the learning, I guess...
She does this 'raindrop therapy massage'
that I'd love to try someday.
Seeing as it's a hundred bucks,
I don't expect it'll become a regular indulgence...

After my massage
I remembered I still needed a notebook.
I wanted a pretty one
(don't laugh, 'Net)
but didn't want to run into Hobby Lobby.
Then I talked myself into a $ .20 plain one from Walmart.
(I know ~ Walmart over HL??)
But when I stopped to get it
(and the roasted almonds w/ dark chocolate...
apparently it is all about the food ;-)
they didn't have one single cheap notebook
that was college ruled.
I could have grabbed a wide-ruled book from the house!
So I headed over to the cheap composition books.
Then I saw cute composition books.
And then
I found
this


which reminded me very much of my
and we all know how I feel about that!
If I'd a been thinking,
I would have brought it along with me...

And now,
I'm agendaless.
Until I get hungry again...


Happy Trails

all photos taken w/ my iphone. don't worry - I was watching the road.

4 comments:

  1. enjoy your rejuvination! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun, get rest! hope you have a wonderful weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. agendaless- that sounds so great for you! enjoy!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)