Saturday, October 22, 2011

the first 5K


So.
Today was the big day!
I forgot my camera, so I just have a couple of phone photos.
(you should be able to click on the photo to enlarge it)

starting out


 The girls made posters while we waited for the runners.
The first one came through the gate in like 16 minutes!


We went up to the corner
so we could cheer the runners on that last little bit.


 Brandon came in 10th in his age group and 79th overall.
His goal was 30 minutes and he ran it in 29:10




  Daddy followed a couple of minutes behind,
the 104st person to cross the finish line,


 What about Tony, you ask?
Well, Ton' had an ambitious goal of 24 min
and he finished in 23:34
coming in 20 overall
and won a silver medal for his age group!

His friend, Jamie, won a Silver in the 10K in her group, too
 He's got good genes and all
but his leg-warmers probably helped a bit, too...

this was just seconds after he finished.
I'm so proud of my guys!
And all my friends who worked hard and finished well.
And all our little spectators - they were super, too!

Since we parked at the library,
we stopped in there
(forked over the $40 bucks to renew our out-of-city cards!)
and got some books.
I got an assortment of fiction / education for myself.
I'm with Susan,
the exercising is a lot more tolerable with a book.
And maybe,
next year when the Survivors' Challenge rolls around,
I'll be running, too.
It could happen.


3 comments:

  1. I was there but I was so sad to be on the 10K route so I didn't yuns. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! great job guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the leg warmers are awesome by the way!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)