Saturday, October 22, 2011

in which I make a fool of myself

again.

There is a house on Kibler,
a little further down the road than us,
that just screams 'perfection'.
Every time we pass it,
I tell Tyler I want to look inside.
I'm just sure we'll find something we should copy!

The house has been for sale for ages,
(and we've assumed no one is living there - there's no sign of life)
but it wouldn't be right to waste a Realtor's time,
just because I wanted to take a peek.
We kept an eye out for an Open House,
but never saw one.

Driving past it today,
I was just sure I saw a Realtor there.
There was a car in the driveway
and a man - with what looked like one of those Realtor folders
in his left hand.
Tyler said, "There's no sign."
"Well," I so smartly replied, "that's because they switched realties;
I bet that guy is the new agent."
He turned the car around.
Sure enough, there was a lockbox on the door.
But he didn't stop....

After running our errand, 
I convinced him that the agent 
(you know - the new listing agent - the one I saw...)
would just be tickled
to let us take a peek at the house,
since he was there anyways, doing the walk-thru.
(I'm thinking now, that perhaps, I hadn't convinced him;
he was simply humoring me." hmm...)
So.
While I bemoaned the fact that we were in the stupid Previa
instead of the much classier Excursion, he pulled in to the circle drive
(not to be confused with the by-the-garage drive, 
where the Realtor was parked.)
 and told me to wave him in
if we got the go-ahead.
I walk up to the door, preparing my spiel, and knocked.
To my surprise,
the Realtor did not answer the door.
A woman did.
The woman who lives in the house.
The woman who got tired of her house not selling 
and took it off the market in February
and is still waiting for the realty to come pick up their lockbox...
I bet she calls them on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. poo! so I guess you didn't get to see the house? pffft!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)