Sunday, October 23, 2011

prayers of a child


Lexi loves to pray.
Sometimes, I think it is a power thing,
but really ~ do I dare tell my child she can't pray??

One of the things I love about her prayers,
is that she words her requests as thank-yous.
Instead of, "Please help Mommy be more patient."
she says, "Thank-you that Mommy will be more patient"
"Thank-you that we will be obedient"
"Thank-you that Daddy and Tony will come home safely"...

Today, at church, they showed a video for
(Tyler loved the video - I wasn't crazy about it - but that's beside the point)

When Lexi prayed this evening at dinner
(sing-prayed.   thank you oo oo....)
one of the things she said sang was,
"Thank you that we can go to the sto oh ore
to buy presents"
And I'm thinking - wow! I guess that video was pretty good
after all - I mean, she's only 2 and she got it.
Then she added, 
"for us 
for us for us for us"

1 comment:

  1. That's too sweet! maybe she saying thank you as she knows God is listening to her precious words. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)