Wednesday, April 13, 2011

quarter of a century


25 years.

We met at Shoney's.
He worked nights; I worked days.
(except Fridays - then I worked both)
He started coming in a lot after school.
He always sat in the atrium
and ordered onion rings and a Coke.
I always brought him a monkey bowl of parmesan cheese
and a bottle of ketchup.
And of course, my charming smile.
He blew straw wrappers at my other customers.
I may have flirted a little.
What can I say?
He was so stinkin' ca-ute!!
We started dating  May 18th.
And well,
the rest, as they say,
is history.

Here's to fifty more years
and lots more onion rings with ketchup and parmesan cheese

Tyler, I love you more than words can say!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 25 years! God is good!
    Oh, and Caleb and I started dating on May 18th too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeee! I love such stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hes a wonderful man! and Your a wonderful woman! Congratulations to you both! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)