Monday, January 31, 2011

7 quick takes on a Monday


So.
Just hours after messaging a friend,
"We're all healthy..."
Lily woke up screaming
and vomiting everywhere.
She's not one of those who just grabs the bowl and takes aim.
She fights the bowl.
I try to not get irritated;
I know she can't help it.

Tyler's dad died yesterday
(was that just yesterday??)
after a very long stay in the ICU.

We are still adjusting to having a new family member.
(who likes to go off taking long walks without telling anyone)

My eyes are burning
that 'sick' burn.
But maybe it's just that I haven't slept well the past few years days.
I hope I hope...

I need to pay the bills
but every time I get logged in
I have to help the vomiter 
or clean up diarrhea
or Lexi decides (again) that she is a cling-on today
(a very cry-y one, at that) 

I have 2 little gifts on my list
and I just can't seem to manage the time to get them made.
I don't like that much.

On a happier note,
I just opened my door
 to find that a sweet friend
dropped off some cookies 
(for when the sickies are over. or maybe for me, for now ;-)
and some Sprite.


5 comments:

  1. Tracy, I'm so sorry about Tyler's dad. Is Tyler ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry. Please know that we are praying for you all during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O gosh! So sorry about Tylers dad, and for all your sick babies, and lack of sleep! I hope it gets better soon, and that the boys have a safe trip! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry for most all of it, except the cookies....((HUGS)) I wish I was there to help. (with everything and the cookies :P)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)